|LA Fashion District Shopping Guide|
We are oh so very excited for prom season! After all, who doesn't like pretty dresses? The district is full of special evening gowns year-round but we love seeing all the new styles that come out during this time of year. If you're looking to shop for your prom dress (or suit!) at the Fashion District, we have a few tips to make the shopping experience a little easier for you.
- Download the LA Fashion District Map: It has the prom/special evening area marked off so you'll know where to go. If you're a first-timer to the district, this will also help you not get lost. You can download the map on the Fashion District website, here. In general, the highest concentration of prom dress stores can be found on Santee Street from Olympic Boulevard all they way down to around 14th Street. Basically, keep walking until you don't see prom dresses anymore! There's also a few stores inside the Santee Alley and on Maple Avenue.
- Check out our online directory. We have most of our prom dress stores listed on here, including contact information and website link, if they have one. Find the online directory here.
- Search for featured stores on our blog. You'll find store features on here for prom dress stores, suit stores, shoe stores, and accessories. But most importantly, you'll see photos so you'll have a better idea of what you'll find where.
Some of our prom dress stores sell discounted brand name dresses, think Jovani, Sherri Hill, Mac Duggal, Tony Bowls, Sue Wong, Scala, La Femme, etc. If you're looking for a specific style or brand, we highly suggest calling the stores ahead of time to make sure they have what you are looking for. Some stores may be able to order a dress for you, but most only sell what they have in stock. Some of our top picks for discounted designer dresses:
- Noell: Everything in here is gorgeous. Everything. We're not even joking. It's gorgeous. It's also probably one of our pricier prom dress stores. The average cost of a dress here is $250. If that falls within your budget we highly suggest you stop by.
- Black Cat : These guys have a great selection of Jovani, Paparazzi by Mori Lee, Mac Duggal, Faviana and their signature, Dulcci Vetan.The prices here are more affordable than Noell. Plus, they can order dress styles/size and offer on-site tailoring!
Outside of the designer realm, there are TONS of options, some designer-inspired, some lesser-known brands, but all at great prices. One of our favorite stores is Conny's Dresses. The average cost for a dress here is $100-150 and that includes fully-beaded/sequin dresses. Expect to find better deals on non-beaded dresses. We've seen dresses go for as low as $50-60 (think cocktail dresses) depending on what you're looking for.
For the boys:
For the boys:
- Los Angeles Street between 9th and 7th Streets has a really big concentration of suit stores, with great deals like suit, dress shirt, tie, and socks for $99. Some stores even throw in the shoes! Prices vary depending on the suit style, but the package deals are definitely worth checking out. Many of our suit stores also offer tailoring.
- For slim fit styles and great package deals we suggest Go Suit. They have various stores throughout the district and work very closely with the manufacturer. They are a family-owned business, and they've been in the district for years. The selection of suits available here is pretty good.
- If you're going for a more casual look or maybe only need a jacket, a tie, or a dress shirt, check out BZ Studio inside the Santee Alley.